Sunday, March 17, 2013

Some set backs followed by more victories

During March break, there were a few times when I gave in to the anxiety gremlins before leaving the house and went around rechecking stuff around the house before leaving. I felt a bit bummed out about, especialy since I'd started this blog in order to hold myself accountable and get myselfmout of the habit. I've decided that I won't get far by beating myself up.

After reading a passage about vulnerability in Brené Brown's The Gifts of Imperfections, I was presenteed with an opportunity but was blocking my own participation because of an anxiety issue. I decided to be totally honest and vulnerable and revealed an anxiety trigger. To my great pleasure, everything will work out.

Today, I made it out without too much repetition (3x as opposed to a lot more). No anxiety. Maybe a 1 on a scale of 10. years ago, I remember gettong heart palpitations in similar situations. Today, I was mindful of each step and I was able to leave on time.

In http://zenhabits.net/, Leo Babauta, suggests making tiny changes in order to create a new habit. Well, I'm going to trytiny steps, mindfulness and gratitude to overcome checking. And I'll try not to beat myself up along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment